The Gordon first appeared in December 1954 and was manufactured by Vernons Industries Ltd, Cheshire. (UK). The car at the time was the cheapest on the English market at a price of £300.
The Gordon was powered by a 197cc single-cylinder two-stroke engine that was mounted on the offside of the car. This is clearly visible in the photograph by the large air intake on the side designed to help keep the engine cool. As a result of the engine being off set only one of the two wheels at the rear was actually powered by a chain. Production continued until 1958.
A 1956 Gordon.